Our biggest need is loving, temporary foster homes for dogs that just need a bit of TLC until their forever home can be found.
In order to make this rescue successful, we need many foster homes and parents to provide a safe, loving home for our dogs until a permanent, adoptive home has been found
Meet & Greet
If you can’t foster there are so many other ways to help!
Help is always needed at the various events during the year.
This may involve setting up for the event and staying to talk to potential adopters.
Meet & Greet is always a lot of fun for both the workers and the foster dogs!
Use the contact form to volunteer for Meet & Greet events.
Foster a Dog For a Day
Take a foster dog for a day of fun.
Any activity for one on one attention is much needed. Some of us have so many foster dogs, sadly they do not get the individual attention they need.
Spend time, whether brushing, walking, going to the park, etc with a foster dog and you will be rewarded with many doggie kisses and will have a forever friend too.
Help at Adoption and Fundraising Events
- meet dog lovers and promote the dogs
- load and unload dogs, tables, materials etc and help to set up and take down
- hold, brush, bathe, walk and help socialize the dogs at events
- help dog owners with sign up and assist at Microchip Events
Help with Local Dog Transport
- transport to and from Vet visits
- transport to and from Meet and Greet Events
- transport to drop off location for the beginning of their journey to their new homes in New England [or other states]
Help with Computer Work
- promote Dogs 2nd Chance on social networks
- help with blog, website and social networks
- input data
Help with Arts and Crafts
- make Donation Boxes to place around the county
- “ADOPT ME” Vests and Bandanas
- Dog Beds
- Fleece Knots
- Doggie coats
- Bring your ideas!
Help with Marketing and Fundraising
- Place donation boxes and collect funds from the boxes
- Solicit funds from the public and private sectors
- Media liaison with local radio & television stations – pet of the week
- organize fundraisers
- recruit volunteers
Help with Veterinary Services
- Veterinarian — donate services at discount rate
- Veterinarians — volunteer services at microchip events
- Please help with donations toward our vet bills
Be a Public Speaker For Dog Rescue and Humane Education
Speak on behalf of Dogs 2nd Chance at public events, schools, 4-H clubs, rescue functions etc
Other Ways You Can Help
- be an overnight dog sitter for a dog awaiting transport to is/her new home New England [or other states]
- become a temporary foster while foster family is on vacation
- be a foster parent for a day — pick up a dog and carry it to the park, the pet store, your home — anywhere to give it a change of scenery and a chance to meet new people for the day
- donate printing, advertising, accounting services, etc.
- Creative writers for bios, ads blog, etc.
- Photographers for studio or at events
- help with fundraisers
- many, many other opportunities to help these wonderful dogs find new homes
Please Email Us with anything else you may be good at, or anything we haven’t thought of.
Want to hold a yard or garage sale to benefit Dogs 2nd Chance?
We are always open for suggestions!
Contribute to Our Wish List
Have you seen our wish list? We need everything from fence parts to grooming services.
Can you help?
Buy a Rescue Dog a Kuranda Bed
Donate a cozy place for the dogs to rest.
Be sure to use THIS link to buy: Kuranda Beds
Surf & Shop The Internet To Benefit Dogs 2nd Chance
Shop Our Sponsors
“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.” – Burke